Food is important while traveling. Many (like Piper and Gail) would even say its the entire point. Traveling means you’re on the move though, so it’s important to bring or grab snacks as you go? But there are so many options, what do you being and why?
0:27 – Intro
0:55 – Piper’s Seattle Trip
1:45 – Tips for scoping out a new city that you’re moving to
2:15 – SeaTac (Seattle airport) hacks
4:30 – Uber and ride-share tips for Seattle
6:20 – tangent about travel reward lounges (To use them, or not to use them?)
8:50 – hotel Monaco (Kimpton)
11:07 – Goldfish, Patricia Briggs, Alpha and Omega series
12:22 – England lets book stores and antique stores have cats/dogs, just like the California bookstore, “The Ripped Boddess”
13:39 – Borderlands bookstore has naked (alien) cats
14:11 – travel snacks!
The ladies discussion includes, but is not limited to:
- hardboiled egg (touch off custardy, touch of green is overcooked) old and young in different labeled bags (yolk is riskier over time)
- jerky (overcorrected for salt, which helps rehydrate after a flight)
- peanut butter ginger chews
- black sesame chews
- quail eggs (in beet juice?!)
- pickled jalapenos
- trader joe’s olives
- tiny apples
- satsumas or tangerines (aka emergency perfume)
26:30 – Gadgets!
Piper – ziplock baggies (sandwich sized and mini’s)
Gail – mesh aerated bag (to organize the ziplocks)
29:30 – Outro and thanks to: Producer Matt
Special thanks to Dan Sawyer of Artistic Whisper for editing this episode!
Thanks for listening and happy travels!