Time Stamped Show Notes:
0:51 – Piper visited Producer Matt in Texas -> Wichita Falls
1:55 – Tips on how to pick people up from the airport like a pro
3:45 – Gail shared pasta and with an Italian family on a Swiss puddle-jumper – and she likes small planes!
5:39 – Shout-out to another frequent traveler/author ->Alex White
– – –
9:43 – Main Topic -> Traveling (literally) WITH Style!
- long, fluufy skirts
- ***give a thought to packing while you’re buying***
- Iron the day you land – you won’t do it the next day
- Check suits, and satin, and related as it cuts down on creases
- Roll your gowns; lay them at the outer portion of your clothes and they will be the least wrinkled external bit
- Suits -> shell the shoulders and look on YouTube for tips
- Special suitcases exist tailored for suits
- Tips and tricks on packing business attire AND costumes for Steampunk, Dieselpunk, etc
- Pack your corset in your carry-on!
- Fluffy undergarments (petticoats) can be stored in space saver bags since wrinkles don’t matter that much
- Bag your expensive clothes! Water will find its way through even the best suitcase and ruin the whole dress-up event
- Wear your hat! Keep it safe. Unless you have a special carry-case like Dan Wells
- Ironing Tip! -> Let the iron get hot, then iron one of your hotel towels when wet to make sure the iron is clean.
- Inside out ironing, packing, and hanging in the closet is your friend
- Stuff your shoes so they don’t get crushed (underwear’s good)
– – –
25:30 – Gadgets! –> Keeping your fanciness at its best
– – –
29:58 – Outro and thanks to: Producer Matt
Special thanks to Dan Sawyer of Artistic Whisper for editing this episode!
Thanks for listening; Travel smart and pack the snacks!
– – –
Use the hashtag: #20mindelaypodcast
Coming soon, an addendum from me..?