Time Stamped Show Notes:
0:23 – Intro (Steampunk Girl by John Anealio)
0:52 – Gail Traveled to Tucson, Arizona -> Festival of Books
1:26 (and 3:29) – Weird Uber/Lyft experiences. How to tell if you’re about to be scammed. Be wary of the overt chumminess.
2:15 – Extended Stay Suites: Elongated business traveler stay and sports teams. Gail was inundated with a baseball team
4:25 – How-to avoid social pressure from gig-economy workers
4:54 – Beacons of safety => public spaces like hotels, especially for the frequent traveler
7:21 – Upcoming episode topic: Emotional side of solo-traveling, especially as a female
– – –
7:49 – Main Topic -> How to get around your destination
- Pro’s and Con’s of:
- rental car from the airport (or train station)?
- car service?
- Uber, Lyft, or similar?
- Calculating in the length of your trip versus which type of transportation to use
- What do you do if you have mobility needs and/or travel with assistance dogs/animals?
- Be aware of the larger corporation that you’re supporting by using their services -> from rental cars to ride-share
- Cost-benefit analysis resources:
- What do you tell your driver you do?
- How do you avoid a chatty ride?
- Keep tabs on your trip-progress; keep your GPS on!
- Positive personal stories from the ladies (20:00 minute mark)
- Sneaking in a cannolli in New York City
- Getting local intel on the best foodie spots
– – –
23:45 – Gadgets! –> Traveling with confidence
Gail – Smartphone apps to track your progress (pre-download maps with wifi on Gooogle-maps, or snap a screenshot)
Piper – Rental Car app; link up your membership account for a smoother, more convenient, and faster transition
– – –
29:23 – Outro and thanks to: Producer Matt
Special thanks to Dan Sawyer of Artistic Whisper for editing this episode!
Thanks for listening; Travel smart and pack the snacks!
– – –
Get your question featured on an episode by saying hi on social media:
Use the hashtag: #20mindelaypodcast