Time Stamped Show Notes:
Main Topics -> Hotel Living – and – Keeping your voice
2:02 – Flow packing
– as soon as you arrive unpack your things to “zones”
– pack your suitcase a little bit each night after you’re done
4:30 – How do you decide when to have house-keeping come in?
Tip: If you’re a rewards member you can earn extra points by putting out your “do not disturb sign”
5:45 – Tip every day! (housekeeping staff rotates rapidly)
8:12 – Stealing from maid-carts => “Maid in Manhattan”
9:22 – Dealing with being in a “non-native” climate/altitude
- Ibuprofen is ok
- Be prepared for your food choices to deviate
- Altitude sickness can sap energy and focus; don’t let it ruin your trip!
- Ramen is your friend
- Start the trip with a slow but kind of lengthy walk to acclimate (this can be combined with scouting out the hotel and conference area before the madness begins)
- Local cuisine and “special things”
16:25 – How do you save your voice through a highly social event?
- tea is your friend
- pineapple juice (get it from the bartender and cut with seltzer)
20:04 – Gadgets!?
– Feet soaking (for tired feet)
– Pineapple juice
– Weather report (humidity is key to check!)
– Ballet flats
– – –
Thanks for listening; Travel smart and pack the snacks!
– – –
Use the hashtag: #20mindelaypodcast